ICE CREAM EATING CHAMPIONSHIP - RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contest will begin promptly at 11:30 am. All contestants must be present and checked in no later than 11:15 am at 1534 State St. in downtown Sarasota, FL.
- 1 Round = 4 Minutes
- Adult Competitors (13 years and older). Youth Competitors (12 years and younger).
- Each contestant will be given weighed single scoop cups (6 oz.) as needed
- Choose from two ice cream flavor options (chocolate or vanilla)
- Ice cream may not be touched or manipulated by contestants prior to start
- Nothing may be added to the ice cream
- Ice cream must be eaten with the supplied spoon (no hands)
- No water or other beverage may be consumed during the competition round
- Contestants must finish one scoop (dish) of ice cream prior to starting another
- Contestants must stack empty ice cream containers in their race space
- Any ice cream that enters the mouth must stay in the mouth
- Any reversal during the 4-minute round will result in immediate disqualification
- After each 4-minute round ends, a 30-second “Chipmunking Rule” will be enforced — any ice cream that remains in the mouth must be cleared (eaten) in 30 seconds
- Contestants must show an empty mouth at the 30-second mark (or prior)
- If ice cream remains in the mouth, contestant will be automatically disqualified
- After the 4-minute round ends, a 2-minute “No Reversal Rule” will be enforced (concurrent with the Chipmunking Rule). Any ice cream that has been eaten must remain “down" for 2 minutes after the round has ended.
- Winners will be decided by the weight of ice cream consumed in 4 minutes
- All judges’ decisions are final
If you have any questions about our Great Ice Cream Eating Championship, please email or contact:
Rise & Nye's
1534 State St.
Sarasota, FL 34236